Sneaky Ways Stress Affects Us
Updated: Aug 15, 2019
Stress has a sneaky way of wreaking havoc on our minds and bodies, and the worst part is, we sometimes only realise this when it's too late. According to the American Institute of Stress if you exhibit any of the following symptoms, you may be suffering from chronic stress:
1. Frequent headaches, jaw clenching or pain
2. Neck ache, back pain, muscle spasms
3. Dry mouth, problems swallowing
4. Frequent urination
5. Difficulty in making decisions
6. Reduced work efficiency or productivity
7. Excessive gambling or impulse buying
8. Constant tiredness, weakness, fatigue
9. Increased frustration, irritability, edginess
10. Feeling overloaded or overwhelmed
11. Chest pain, palpitations, rapid pulse
12. Unexplained or frequent “allergy” attacks
13. Insomnia, nightmares, disturbing dreams
14. Depression, anxiety, frequent or wild mood swings
15. Little interest in appearance, punctuality
You can view the full list HERE.
The good news is, you don't have to live as a prisoner to stress. According to the Yale course I've recently completed - The Science of Wellbeing - the top three things you can do to improve your health and wellbeing are exercise, practice mindfulness, and get enough sleep.
What's one thing you will do this week to reduce your stress levels?
#mentalhealth #mindfulliving #stressrelief #caribbeanmindfulnessinstitute